Kaushik Roy Chowdhury is Associate Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Northeastern University, Associate Director of the Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things, and Faculty Fellow of the College of Engineering. He received his Ph.D. from the Georgia Institute of Technology in August 2009 and M.S. from the University of Cincinnati in 2006. [Full CV]
Prof. Chowdhury is the winner of the U.S. Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) in 2017, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency Young Faculty Award in 2017, the Office of Naval Research Director of Research Early Career Award in 2016, and the National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER award in 2015. He is the recipient of best paper awards at IEEE GLOBECOM'19, DySPAN'19, INFOCOM'17, ICC'13,'12,'09, and ICNC'13. He serves as area editor for IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, Elsevier Computer Networks Journal, IEEE Trans. on Network Science and Engineering, and IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications. He is Sr. Member of the IEEE, co-directs the operations of Colosseum RF/network emulator, as well as the Platforms for Advanced Wireless Research project office, a joint $100 million public-private partnership between the NSF and wireless industry consortium to create city-scale testing platforms.
Prof. Chowdhury's research is mainly focused on autonomous operation and systems aspects of:
- Learning and Dynamic Spectrum Access: Deep learning applications in wireless spectrum sensing, fingerprinting and access from sub-6GHz to mmWave/THz frequencies, reconfigurable radios
- Networked Robotics: Systems approach to coordination and computation in unmanned aerial vehicles, aerial wireless base stations, synchronization and aerial beamforming.
- Perpetually Operating Internet of Things: Systems design and protocols forwireless RF energy harvesting, magnetic resonance and inductive energy transfer, wake-up radio and battery-less sensors.
- Email: krc [AT] ece [dot] neu [dot] edu
- Tel: +1(617)3735304
- Fax: +1(617)37389704
- Mail: 409 Dana Research Center, 360 Huntington Ave., Northeastern University, Boston MA 02115, USA.
- Office: 523 Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering Complex (ISEC), 805 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02120, USA.
GENESYS creates innovates implements the state of the art in wireless communication and networking.
We explore new network designs and architectures for over the air RF networks, intra-body medical networks, interaction of human with machines, intelligent radios, and unconventional energy harvesting.