I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. at the Electrical and Computer Engineering department, Northeastern University and working under the guidance of Prof. Kaushik Chowdhury.
I received my B.S. degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Firat University, Elazig, Turkey, in 2008, and my M.S. degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey, in 2009. I hold my second M.S. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern University, Boston, MA, on National Education Ministry of Turkey scholarship, in 2012. During the M.S. I worked under the guidance of Prof Kaushik Chowdhury. My thesis title was : Design, Optimization and Implementation for RF Energy Harvesting Circuits. My research was supported by Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Education.
Current Research Interests:
- Energy Harvesting Networks
- Design, Optimization and Implementation for RF Energy Harvesting Circuits
- Use of Wireless Energy Transfer
- System Design for Joint RF Energy and Magnetic Coupling-Based Energy Transfer
- Implantable Sensor Networks:
- System design for intra-body transceivers. Analog and Digital Circuit Design
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Cognitive Radio Systems
- M. Swaminathan, F. S. Cabrera, J. S. Pujol, U. Muncuk, G. Schirner, and K. R. Chowdhury, “Multi-path Model and Sensitivity Analysis for Galvanic Coupled Intra-body Communication through Layered Tissue,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, accepted, Dec. 2014.
- L.Chen,S.Cool,H.Ba,W.Heinzelman,I.Demirkol,U.Muncuk,K.R.Chowdhury, and S. Basagni, Range Extension of Passive Wake-up Radio Systems through Energy Harvesting, in Proc. of IEEE ICC, Budapest, Hungary, June 2013. (Best Paper Award)
- P.Nintanavongsa,U.Muncuk,D.R.Lewis,andK.R.Chowdhury,``Design Optimization and Implementation for RF Energy Harvesting Circuits," IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, vol. 2, no.1, March 2012.