Kaushik Roy Chowdhury is Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Northeastern University, Associate Director of the Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things, and Faculty Fellow of the College of Engineering. He received his Ph.D. from the Georgia Institute of Technology in August 2009 and M.S. from the University of Cincinnati in 2006. [Full CV]
Prof. Chowdhury is the winner of the U.S. Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) in 2017, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency Young Faculty Award in 2017, the Office of Naval Research Director of Research Early Career Award in 2016, and the National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER award in 2015. He is the recipient of best paper awards at IEEE GLOBECOM'19, DySPAN'19, INFOCOM'17, ICC'13,'12,'09, and ICNC'13. He serves as area editor for IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, Elsevier Computer Networks Journal, IEEE Trans. on Networking, and IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications. He is Sr. Member of the IEEE, co-directs the operations of Colosseum RF/network emulator, as well as the Platforms for Advanced Wireless Research project office, a joint $100 million public-private partnership between the NSF and wireless industry consortium to create city-scale testing platforms. He is an executive committee member and PI from Northeastern for the NSF AI Institute For Future Edge Networks And Distributed Intelligence , led by The Ohio State University.
Prof. Chowdhury has served in several leadership roles, including Chair of the IEEE Technical Committee on Simulation, and as Technical Program Chair for IEEE INFOCOM 2021, IEEE CCNC 2021 , IEEE DySPAN 2021, and ACM MobiHoc 2022.
- 1. Deep Convolutional Neural Networks for Device Identification [Video] [Abstract] (2020-Princeton University, IEEE Cognitive Network Security SIG, Texas A&M University Kingsville)
- 2. (Air)space is the Final Frontier: Experiments with Learning, Sensing and Communications in UAVs [Video] [Abstract] (2020-Rice University, Virginia Tech)
Prof. Chowdhury's research is mainly focused on data- and systems-centric research on:
- Applied Machine Learning for Wireless: Deep learning applications in wireless spectrum sensing, sharing, and cybersecurity related to RF fingerprinting, real-time learning for spectrum access in nextG architectures.
- Multimodal Sensor Fusion: Combining sensor data from radio frequency sensors, LiDAR, images and radar sensors from experimental testbeds for situational assessment, enabling digital twins and autonomous vehicles.
- Networked Robotics: Coordination, computation and communication for unmanned aerial autonomous systems.
- Quantum Communications: Path selection in quantum repeater networks, quantum circuits for error-correction, machine learning for quantum networks.
- Email: krc [AT] ece [dot] neu [dot] edu
- Tel: +1(617)3735304
- Fax: +1(617)37389704
- Mail: 409 Dana Research Center, 360 Huntington Ave., Northeastern University, Boston MA 02115, USA.
- Office: 523 Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering Complex (ISEC), 805 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02120, USA.
GENESYS creates innovates implements the state of the art in wireless communication and networking.
We explore new network designs and architectures for over the air RF networks, intra-body medical networks, interaction of human with machines, intelligent radios, and unconventional energy harvesting.